Creative Scrapbooking

Monday, December 03, 2007

It is December!!!

Ok, so December actually started a few days ago, but the countdown to Christmas has definitely started. To help my kids countdown to "the big day" they helped me make a Hybrid countdown calendar.

Here are a few pictures of the painting:



I created the background digitally with Traci Reed's Reason for the Season collection, using mostly Reindeer Games. Then printed it out and trimmed it up. Then used my Mod Podge to carefully glue it down.


After it dried a few hours I used the Modge Podge to cover the painted area of the wood to seal it. Then while I was waiting for that coat to dry I cut out all of the Numbers from Traci Reed & Kristen CB's Upper East Side kit that I had printed out. Then used my Memory Makers silent setter to make the smallest hole possible.

When the calendar was dry I screwed in the 2 small hooks and hung the numbers. Here is the final product!!

No comments: